19th UWEB21 Biomaterials Intensive Short Course
An Introduction to Biomaterials, Medical Devices, and Biocompatibility
August 20-22, 2014
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Registration is not active yet, please check back in early March for details.
Why is the Short Course for you?
- It brings people new to Biomaterials “up to speed” on the subject with a broad overview of the field.
- Discuss the latest trends, issues, and controversies.
- Meet biomaterials experts and leaders and hear them dicuss key issues.
- Extensive, web-based downloadable course materials.
- An introduction to UWEB21 as a resource for the biomaterials and medical device industries.
What is the UWEB21 Biomaterials Intensive Short Course?
- A tutorial introduction to the fundamentals of biomaterials, medical devices, and biocompatibility.
- The basic biology presented so a materials scientist can understand it; the basic materials science presented to be comprehensible to a biologist or physician.
- Biomaterials placed in the context of clinical practice – what are the real issues in medicine and dentistry?
NESAC/BIO Workshop - August 18-20 2014
In tandem with the UWEB21 Biomaterials Short Course, NESAC/BIO holds their annual Surface Characterization of Biomaterials Workshop. Through lectures and demonstrations on NESAC/BIO instruments, attendees learn the capabilities of surface analysis methods and how to intelligently review data received from surface analysis laboratories.
UWEB21 and NESAC/BIO now offer a discount when registering for both events. Both sites accept registration for both events (registration for a single event can only be done on that event's site).
Professor Buddy D. Ratner, Ph.D.
UWEB21 - University of Washington Engineered Biomaterials
ratner at uweb dot engr dot washington dot edu
3720 15th Ave NE
Seattle WA 98195-5061