UWEB21 Biomaterials Intensive Short Course
An Introduction to Biomaterials, Medical Devices, and Biocompatibility
August 6-8, 2018
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Why is the Short Course for you?
- It brings people new to Biomaterials “up to speed” on the subject with a broad overview of the field.
- Review the latest trends, issues, and controversies, for example pelvic meshes and resorbable stents.
- Meet biomaterials experts and clinicians and hear them discussing key issues.
- Extensive, web-based downloadable course materials and a textbook option.
- An introduction to UWEB21: a resource focused on biomaterials and medical devices.
What is the UWEB21 Biomaterials Intensive Short Course?
- A tutorial introduction to the fundamentals of biomaterials, medical devices, and biocompatibility.
- The basic biology presented so a materials scientist can understand it; the basic materials science presented to be comprehensible to a biologist or physician.
- Biomaterials placed in the context of clinical practice – what are the real issues in medicine and dentistry?
Previous Topics Included:
NESAC/BIO Workshop August 8-10, 2018
In tandem with the UWEB21 Biomaterials Short Course, NESAC/BIO holds their annual Surface Characterization of Biomaterials Workshop. Through lectures and demonstrations on NESAC/BIO instruments, attendees learn the capabilities of surface analysis methods and how to intelligently review data received from surface analysis laboratories.
Professor Buddy D. Ratner, Ph.D.
UWEB21 - University of Washington Engineered Biomaterials
ratner at uweb dot uw dot edu
3720 15th Ave NE
Seattle WA 98195-5061