This is UWEB21’s new Web Server
It’s being tested and may have problems.
Please use the old one until this warning is removed
An Introduction to Biomaterials, Medical Devices, and Biocompatibility
August 3-5, 2016
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks to all the attendees and speakers.
Why is the Short Course for you?
- It brings people new to Biomaterials “up to speed” on the subject with a broad overview of the field.
- Review the latest trends, issues, and controversies, for example pelvic meshes and resorbable stents.
- Meet biomaterials experts and clinicians and hear them discussing key issues.
- Extensive, web-based downloadable course materials and a textbook option.
- An introduction to UWEB21: a resource focused on biomaterials and medical devices.
What is the UWEB21 Biomaterials Intensive Short Course?
- A tutorial introduction to the fundamentals of biomaterials, medical devices, and biocompatibility.
- The basic biology presented so a materials scientist can understand it; the basic materials science presented to be comprehensible to a biologist or physician.
- Biomaterials placed in the context of clinical practice – what are the real issues in medicine and dentistry?
2016’s Lectures Include:
NESAC/BIO Workshop - August 1-3 2016
In tandem with the UWEB21 Biomaterials Short Course, NESAC/BIO holds their annual Surface Characterization of Biomaterials Workshop. Through lectures and demonstrations on NESAC/BIO instruments, attendees learn the capabilities of surface analysis methods and how to intelligently review data received from surface analysis laboratories.
Professor Buddy D. Ratner, Ph.D.
UWEB21 - University of Washington Engineered Biomaterials
ratner at uweb dot uw dot edu
3720 15th Ave NE
Seattle WA 98195-5061